won't you be my neighbor

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

When life gives you lemons...make lemonade! or teeth?



Well, I am getting ready to go back to school again...and I will hopefully be writing more in the blog page with school updates. I think that it is harder to leave this time than it was the first time. Everything was new then and now, I have been had the privilege to meet new people and old relationships were strengthened. But, it's only 4 months! yaaaaaay!

Sometimes our preparations for God's calling in our lives seem to a bit of a struggle, but it is always worth it to keep pushing forward. If we look in the past, we often think.."I had no idea that I would be where I am today." I realize sometimes that is said in a negative situation. Can you imagine if God allowed us to see the big picture to the fullest? We would probably be scared to death and wouldn't go forward.

But each day, He trains us to be more and more dependent on Him...That's when we are the strongest.

So I encourage you..whatever you are going through in your life..Keep pushing forward. He has bigger and better plans for you..He's just making you stronger!

(oh yeah, I am not drunk. As much as it looks like it..it was just hard to smile with a lemon and open your eyes wide..)

3 Comments:

  • The lemon thing is not so scary as the fact that you took the time to draw teeth on it-kind of rules out the thought of it being a spontaneous thing... That's ok, though, it's not like you were some goof dressed like a flamingo. Now that would have been really weird...

    I'm glad you got to be there for a little extra time. I think God knew what you needed. I am glad I got to hang with you some before He moved me. Love you, girl.

    By Blogger Lyrical One, at 11:58 AM  

  • yeah we so should have left the flamingo outfits on to at least get a picture in fron of Carrabbas...But we can always get you one for next Halloween!! you should go for it!

    I am glad that I was able to stay too..at first I was a little sad, because I was ready to get rolling again, but it has been such a good thing to have stayed. I am glad that I got to hang out with you some, too. Really miss seeing you around, but I know you are where you felt God wanted you to be and that in itself is awesome! Love you! Take care!

    By Blogger the one next door, at 12:13 PM  

  • One of my friends told me that if we saw where we would be 10 years from now we might start running in the opposite direction. You keep telling me to push forward, and to keep my eyes and chin up. This advice will be with me through everyday. You taught me things that I was kinda struggling with, and you showed me how to handle it. I'm keeping you in my prayers, and I am definately looking forward to when I can see you again.

    By Blogger AngelWings, at 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home